You are getting yourself ready for implementation of the Business Intelligence tool, perform a detailed analysis of data that you will want to use, in terms of data quality, structure, etc.
Preparing data may often entail certain problems, such as:
- Deduplication of data (one contractor in five forms, typos, etc.).
- Data mapping (such retrieving information from the bookkeeping system, product grouping).
- Integration and overlapping of data from different systems.
- Integration of current data (for instance when converting to a new IT system).
- Records of data changes history (when you need to have access to information such as your profit and loss account for a specific date).
- Dedicated complementary conversion mechanisms (for instance cost allocation).
- Preparation of tables / views that present the required data layout.
- Calculation of inventories for a specific date (inventory history) – inventories, employment, receivables and liabilities.
- Caching historical data for common / frequent queries / reports.
- Separation of current and archived data – a performance issue.
A lengthy search for the source of problems will only lead to additional costs and loss of valuable time.
You can avoid it.
Take advantage of the ETL data preparation service and speed up the later work with the data.